Puros® Allograft Customized Block
Clinicians around the globe have counted on the Puros family of allografts for hard- and soft-tissue augmentation procedures for years.
The Custom Approach for Complex Defects
Patients with severe atrophy of the mandible or maxilla who have elected for an implant-supported restoration may benefit from customized treatment. Allogenic (human) blocks as well as autologous blocks are the choice materials for the bone graft required for these cases. The success or failure of the grafting procedure may be determined by how well the block conforms to the defect.
Puros Allograft Customized Blocks are a crucial developmental step in block grafting. A custom block is produced using CAD/CAM technology based on a CBCT/CT scan of the defect area. This makes the procedure more comfortable for your patient by reducing surgery time and minimizing the risk of complications.1
The Proprietary Tutoplast® Process
The proprietary Tutoplast process assures the highest standard of tissue quality with minimal risk of disease transmission.5
That’s why, for over 40 years, Tutoplast processed tissues have been used in more than five million procedures.5
Check out the Newest Case Report on Puros® Allograft Customized Bone Blocks for Ridge Reconstruction
Allograft Customized Bone Blocks for Ridge Reconstruction: A Case Report and Radiological Analysis
"The present clinical case report of an allograft customized bone block presents a good and stable solution to vertical bone augmentation in a severely atrophic mandible. The key to the successful placement of the customized bone block was sufficient flap advancement and tissue management."
Citation: Boogaard, M.J.; Romanos, G.E. Allograft Customized Bone Blocks for Ridge Reconstruction: A Case Report and Radiological Analysis. Appl. Sci. 2021, 11, 10413. https://doi.org/10.3390/app112110413
Publisher’s Note: MDPI stays neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors declare that there were no conflicts of interest.
2021 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Benefits of Puros Customized Blocks Tutoplast® Process
- Retains osteoconductive properties due to the preservation of the natural bone matrix collagen and mineral composition, trabecular pattern and original porosity.2,3
- Sterilized and preserved using the proprietary Tutoplast Process, customized allogenic blocks are a high-quality option for successful bone regeneration procedures.4
Workflow from Scanning to Surgery
* Please contact your radiologist or device manufacturer if you have any questions on DICOM export.
1. Schlee M, Rothamel D. Ridge augmentation using customized allogenic bone blocks: proof of concept and histological findings. Implant Dent. (2013) 22:212-8.
2. Keith JD Jr, Petrungaro P, Leonetti JA, Elwell CW, Zeren KJ, Caputo C et al. Clinical and histologic evaluation of a mineralized block allograft: results from the developmental period (2001-2004). Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2006;26:321-327.
3. Leonetti JA, Koup R. Localized maxillary ridge augmentation with a block allograft for dental implant placement: case reports. Implant Dent. 2003;12:217-226.
4. Würzler KK, Will F, Berger S. Herstellung und Anwendung CAD/CAM-gefräster, patientenspezifischer Knochenblöcke. Implantologie Journal (2015) 5:30-36.
5. Data on file with RTI Surgical, Inc
6. McAllister, B. S. Bone augmentation techniques Journal of Periodontology 2007;78:377-396
7. Parthasarathy, J., 3D modeling, custom implants and its future perspectives in craniofacial surgery. Annals of Maxillofacial Surgery 2014;4:9-18.
Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. Please contact your local sales representative or customer service team.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks are the property of Zimmer Biomet; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. and marketed and distributed by Zimmer Biomet Dental and its authorized marketing partners. Puros Allograft Customized Block is processed by RTI Surgical, Inc. Tutoplast is a registered trademark of Tutogen Medical GmbH. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet Dental.
ZBINST0104 REV A 07/21 ©2021 Zimmer Biomet. All rights reserved.
To request a paper copy of the Instructions for Use, contact ZimVie Dental Customer Service
Get Matched With The Hottest In Dental Education
Available for both iOS and Android and can be found on the Apple App Store and in Google Play.
Shop Online and Save!
(U.S. Based Customers)
New to ZimVie Dental? Request an account and take advantage of the convenience of ordering online!
Let's Connect, Subscribe Today!
Be first to know about ZimVie latest news, product launches and exclusive educational events.