Synthetic Bone Graft
RegenerOss Synthetic is a calcium phosphate-based mineral with a carbonate apatite structure similar to natural bone combined with type I collagen derived from bovine achilles tendon.
- The mineral particles are dispersed within collagen fibers forming a 3-dimensional matrix.
- It is supplied dry and is moldable upon hydration.
- It is fully resorbed during the natural process of bone formation and remodeling.
Features & Benefits
Resorption and remodeling profiles of carbonate apatite mimic natural bone mineral.2
- Higher osteoconductive properties and earlier bioresorption, compared to HA samples.3, 4, 5
Collagen provides 3-Dimensional structure and porosity to the bone graft.
- Can be placed in bone defect sites of different shapes and sizes. Graft stays in place at the defect site.
Synthetic Carbonate Apatite Plus Bovine Type I Collagen. Moldable Putty Upon Hydration. Osteoconductive, 3-dimensional Structure for Bone Forming.
Bone Grafting is a common procedure used to prepare a site for dental implant placement in an area where teeth have been loss.
- Cornelini R, Cangini F, Martuscelli G, Wennstrom J. Deproteinized bovine bone and biodegradable barrier membranes to support healing following immediate placement of transmucosal implants: a short-term controlled clinical trial. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 2004; 24:555-563
- Rey, C., Renugopalakrishnan, V., Collins, B. and Glimcher, M., Fourier transform infrared spectroscopic study of the carbonate ions in bone mineral during aging. Calcif. Tissue Int., 1991, 49, 251–258.
- Landi E, Celotti G, Logroscino G, Tampieri A. Carbonated hydroxyapatite as bone substitute. J Eur Cer Soc 2003;23: 2931–2937.
- Doi Y, Shibutani T, Moriwaki Y, Kajimoto T, Iwayama Y. Sintered carbonate apatites as bioresorbable bone substitutes. J Biomed Mater Res 1998;39:603–610.
- Hasegawa M, Doi Y, Uchida A. Cell-mediated bioresorption of sintered carbonate apatite in rabbits. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2003;85:142–147.
- Data on File with Collagen Matrix, Inc.
- X-rays should be taken to confirm the bone integrity prior to dental implant placement.
Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. Please contact your local sales representative or customer service team.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks are the property of Zimmer Biomet; and all products are manufactured by one or more of the dental subsidiaries of Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., and distributed and marketed by Zimmer Biomet Dental (and, in the case of distribution and marketing, its authorized marketing partners). RegenerOss® Synthetic Mineral Collagen Composite Bone Graft is manufactured by Collagen Matrix, Inc. Collagen Matrix, Inc. is not a subsidiary of Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet Dental.
Get Matched With The Hottest In Dental Education
Available for both iOS and Android and can be found on the Apple App Store and in Google Play.
Shop Online and Save!
(U.S. Based Customers)
New to ZimVie Dental? Request an account and take advantage of the convenience of ordering online!
Let's Connect, Subscribe Today!
Be first to know about ZimVie latest news, product launches and exclusive educational events.