Our OverdenSURE product line features a Zirconium Nitride abutment coating for excellent aesthetics and function, and a wider range of abutment sizes for increased restorative flexibility, all wrapped in a classic system design that is intuitive to the user.
Zirconium Nitride is a fully bio-compatible material that exhibits increased hardness and wear resistance1,2, reduced bacterial adhesion3,4,5,6,7, and enhanced lubricity compared to the traditionally used Titanium Nitride1.
The Clinical Challenge
It is estimated that 10% of the world’s population is partially edentulous or edentulous8. In spite of advances in denture prosthodontics, soft-tissue supported dentures continue to be a source of:
- Chronic residual ridge resorption
- Phonetic challenges
- A loose or poor fit
- Decreased masticatory function
- Facial collapse
OverdenSURE Features & Benefits
Zirconium Nitride Abutment Coating
- Fully bio-compatible material.
- Exhibits increased hardness and wear resistance1,2.
- Reduced bacterial adhesion3,4,5,6,7.
- Enhanced lubricity compared to the traditionally used Titanium Nitride1.
- Softer, more aesthetic gold color.
OverdenSURE Retention System
- Classic Housing Cap and Retention Insert design.
- Addresses problems such as limited interocclusal space through the OverdenSURE Abutment’s low restorative height.
- Total vertical height of 3.17 mm (abutment crown, Retention Insert and Housing Cap).
OverdenSURE Retention and Pivoting Technology
- Implants are placed off axis.
- The denture is not fully aligned with the abutments.
OverdenSURE Standard Retention Inserts
- Extra Light (1.5lbs / 680g)
- Light (3.0lbs / 1360g)
- Medium (5.0lbs / 2270g)
OverdenSURE Extended Retention Inserts
- Extra Light (1.0lbs / 450g)
- Light (2.0lbs / 910g)
- Medium (4.0 lbs / 1810g)
T3® Pro - Certain Implant System Product Catalog
Certain® Implant System Product Catalog
Certain® Implant System Product Catalog
Trabecular Metal™ and Tapered Screw-Vent® Implant Systems Product Catalog
*Offers valid now through November 30, 2022.
Only available through the ZimVie Dental Online Store. These offers cannot be applied to phone, email, fax orders or past purchases. Discount will be displayed at checkout.
1. Oh DJ, Kim HJ, Chung CH. A study on mechanical properties of TiN, ZrN and WC coated film on the titanium alloy surface. The Journal of Korean Academy of Prosthodontics. 2006;44(6):740-50.
2. Ul-Hamid A. Synthesis, microstructural characterization and nanoindentation of Zr, Zr-nitride and Zr-carbonitride coatings deposited using magnetron sputtering. J Adv Res. 2020 Nov 25;29:107-119.
3. Grössner-Schreiber B, Griepentrog M, Haustein I, Müller WD, Lange KP, Briedigkeit H, Göbel UB. Plaque formation on surface modified dental implants. An in vitro study. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2001 Dec;12(6):543-51.
4. Groessner-Schreiber B, Hannig M, Dück A, Griepentrog M, Wenderoth DF. Do different implant surfaces exposed in the oral cavity of humans show different biofilm compo-sitions and activities?. European journal of oral sciences. 2004 Dec;112(6):516-22.
5. Grössner-Schreiber B, Teichmann J, Hannig M, Dörfer C, Wenderoth DF, Ott SJ. Modified implant surfaces show different biofilm compositions under in vivo conditions. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2009 Aug;20(8):817-26.
6. Brunello G, Brun P, Gardin C, Ferroni L, Bressan E, Meneghello R, Zavan B, Sivolella S. Biocompatibility and antibacterial properties of zirconium nitride coating on titanium abutments: An in vitro study. PLoS One. 2018 Jun 26;13(6):e0199591.
7. Zhurakivska K, Ciacci N, Troiano G, Caponio VC, Scrascia R, Pallecchi L, Lo Muzio L, Arena F. Nitride-Coated and Anodic-Oxidized Titanium Promote a Higher Fibroblast and Reduced Streptococcus gordonii Proliferation Compared to the Uncoated Titanium. Prosthesis. 2020 Dec;2(4):333-9.
8. G.E. Carlsson and R. Omar. The future of complete dentures in oral rehabilitation. A critical review. J. Oral Rehabilitation. 2010 37; 143-156.
Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. Please contact your local sales representative or customer service team.
Unless otherwise indicated, as referenced herein, all trademarks are the property of Zimmer Biomet; and all products are marketed and distributed by Zimmer Biomet Dental and its authorized marketing partners. For additional product information, please refer to the individual product labeling or instructions for use. Product clearance and availability may be limited to certain countries/regions. This material is intended for clinicians only and does not comprise medical advice or recommendations. Distribution to any other recipient is prohibited. This material may not be copied or reprinted without the express written consent of Zimmer Biomet Dental.
ZB1447 REV A 12/21 ©2021 Zimmer Biomet. All rights reserved.
Get Matched With The Hottest In Dental Education
Available for both iOS and Android and can be found on the Apple App Store and in Google Play.
Shop Online and Save!
(U.S. Based Customers)
New to ZimVie Dental? Request an account and take advantage of the convenience of ordering online!
Let's Connect, Subscribe Today!
Be first to know about ZimVie latest news, product launches and exclusive educational events.